Pathology Genomics Officer
We are a plantation science company based in North Sumatra, which has been established in recent years as a high-yielding seed producer for the Indonesian oil palm plantation industry. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic candidate as a Pathology Genomics Officer, ideally with solid molecular biology experience, to be based at our Plantation Science Centre in Deli Serdang area, North Sumatra.
- Develop science-based programmes and research in oil palm pathology and soil health
- Work with the Genomics team in the development and application of new molecular techniques.
- Work with Pathology and Agronomy teams to monitor pathogen and beneficial microorganisms in oil palm fields and nurseries.
- Work with the Breeding team to assess beneficial traits and develop DNA markers for disease resistance.
- Develop methods for the accurate identification, monitoring and quantification of pathogens and beneficial microorganisms with respect to oil palm cultivation.
- Conduct research in early detection of oil palm diseases, identify the best planting practices based on the microbial community information, explore beneficial microorganisms for oil palm disease protection.
- Exploit and introduce new appropriate technologies in oil palm pathology.
- Ensure all relevant information is readily available and data are analysed, interpreted and summarised. All records of experiments are complete and up-to-date.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology/Pathology/Pest and Disease.
- Experience in plant diseases, molecular biology and bioinformatics would be an advantage, but training will be given.
- Able to initiate work, work individually and in a team, and capable of working in a dynamic science environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Bahasa.
- Competency in basic computer skills.
If you are interested, please kindly apply via JobStreet in this link below:
More info about our company: